Each year we will produce a programme for the Fayre with details of this year's Fayre and sponsors, the good causes supported and local items of interest. This is a significant fund-raiser for the Fayre, both from sales of the programme and by accepting advertising from local businesses. We typically sell between 3,000 and 4,000 copies of the programme, almost all of which are bought by people living in Walton, Weybridge and Hersham.
What we offer
The programme is a booklet with A5 pages professionally printed in colour on glossy paper. Advertisements can vary from a small display advertisement (4.6cm x 3.25cm) to a full page (13.8cm x 19.5cm). To encourage our public to browse the advertisements the programme always includes a quiz with answers to be found among the advertisements
How to place an advertisement
Our volunteers visit local businesses in January and February to sell advertising, take details of what is required, collect fees and issue receipts if required. If you have any questions, or prefer to be more pro-active, you can contact the volunteer for your area by sending email to one of firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a discounted rate for advertisements including a "token". Buyers will cut out the advertisement and use that as their token. The text of the offer will be inserted (by OVF) into the advertisement over an octagon filled with light cyan. This uniformity allows the reader speedily to spot the tokens. Please specify exactly the text of the offer and leave space for it, and the surrounding octagon, to be included in a reasonable font.
Each A5 page is divided into eighteen advertising spaces arranged in six rows and three columns on an A5 page. We offer a discount for advertisements which include a special offer. Costs for various sizes of advertisement are:
|Size (cm)||Cost with voucher||Cost without voucher|
|1 space||4.6 x 3.25||£15||£20|
|2 spaces||9.2 x 3.25
4.6 x 6.5
|3 spaces||13.8 x 3.25
4.6 x 9.75
|4 spaces||18.4 x 3.25
9.2 x 6.5
4.6 x 13.0
|6 spaces||13.8 x 6.5
9.2 x 9.75
|8 spaces||9.2 x 13.0||£90||£95|
|1/2 page (9 spaces)||13.8 x 9.75||£110||£110|
|Full page (18 spaces)||13.8 x 19.5||£200||£200|
Please provide copy for your advertisement as early as possible. Our final deadline is 10th March, but the volunteer who sets out the programme will need to start some time before that.
A single advertising space is 4.6cm wide and 3.25 cm high, while larger advertisements are exact multiples of these in width and height (see table above). All advertisements except full page advertisements will be surrounded by a thin black line which should not be included in the copy. This line will intrude 0.018 cm (½ pt) into the rectangle.
We can accept copy in a variety of formats:
- A Scribus .sla file. Scribus is a free alternative to Microsoft Publisher and runs on Windows, Mac and Linux and is available for download from www.scribus.net. Please provide your content as an object with exactly the dimensions given above. If you have used any non-standard fonts, please provide a copy of the necessary font files.
- A PDF file containing the whole advertisement with the correct ratio of width to height, and without printer's cropping marks.
- A Microsoft Publisher .pub file. Please provide your content as an object with exactly the dimensions given above. If you have used any non-standard fonts, please provide a copy of the necessary font files.
- An image as a .jpg file. This should be high resolution, at least 460 x 325 pixels (300dpi) for the smallest advertisement, and preferably double that.
- A Microsoft Word .doc or .docx file. This will have to be re-typed by us, but we will endeavour to use similar fonts and layout.
- A sketch or description of what is required, possibly combined with a .jpg file containing a logo or image. At its simplest, this can be just “same as last year”.
Unless an advertisement is to be simply a repeat of last year's, copy should be emailed to email@example.com or, for paper copy, given to the person who collects your fee.